Tuesday, March 31, 2009

This is a photo of my Mom. It was taken at a barbeque at my sister Donna's house in Connecticut last June. This was one of the BBQs that we had while my niece and nephew were visiting from Arizona. This was also the day that my nephew, Jake, rescued the toad from the swimming pool. (You remember that photo, don't you?) This photo is just the perfect photo of my Mom because it reminds me of the essence of who she is and the role she plays in our family's life. She is the Matriarch, she is a solid rock and the foundation of our family. She is the cohesiveness that holds us all together. She is the voice of reason when there is only chaos. She was a sister, daughter, wife, niece, and auntie. She is a Mom, Grandma, and Great Grandma. She is a Registered Nurse, and the caring angel that helps heal the smallest sick and injured patients that come through the Pediatrics Unit of Woodhull Hospital in Brooklyn in New York City. This is my Mom!



I hope you enjoyed my story and my photo layout.

I created the layout from the "Bee Mine" Scrapbooking Kit which was a collaborative kit put together by the designers at the Digital Arts Cafe. Specific designers are as follows: Scrappyshannon, Brandi, Karyn, Rhondogg, Vivayne, RachaelH, and Darhena. I actually got this particular kit free either with a purchase, or in response to a challenge. I can't remember precisely which one, though. I do really love the happy colors in this kit.
You can check out the Digital Arts Cafe @ http://www.digitalarts-cafe.com/

Hugs, Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment